Work With Us
Vacancies at The Leaflet
A. Designation: Subeditor-Correspondent
This is a full-time recruitment for a young/fresh law graduate with excellent writing and subbing skills and a keen eye on current constitutional debates, political currents, social justice, civil liberties and the rule of law.
– Daily and prompt FILING of 1-2 updates (400-word) on major court cases, legal headlines.
– UPLOADING articles & updates on the CMS, including formatting, selecting and editing pictures, scanning for tweets/references, citations/hyperlinks, etc.
– Rewriting of reports/updates filed by contributors.
– Sharing of published articles on Leaflet social media (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
– Ideating with fellow team members. Identifying angles to be explored in various stories, issues to be covered.
– Helping with Leaflet campaigns on Independence of Judiciary and other matters.
Academic qualifications & experience:
This is a post for a fresh law graduate, with a strong interest in legal journalism/research. This will require occasional court reporting, but mostly this will be an in-office job of writing updates, and uploading articles to the CMS (backend). A deep interest and understanding of the law and the raging legal debates are absolutely essential.
Basic MS Office, Photoshop skills are a must. Must be familiar with or quickly learn how to upload stories on CMS with the correct formatting.
B. Designation: Social & Multimedia Editor
This is a full-time recruitment for a Social & Multimedia Editor with excellent command over
- social media communications, sharing on various social media sites (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram among other platforms);
- multimedia handling, such as shooting and editing interview & short docu-feature videos with professional camera on various constitutional debates, political currents, social justice, civil liberties and the rule of law.
- Prompt & periodical SOCIAL MEDIA SHARING of ALL articles, updates, videos, podcasts published on The Leaflet on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google Plus, etc.
This includes: a) Handling The Leaflet’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram Pages;
- b) Preparing posters on various issues;
- c) Devise a Digital Strategy to help build a community of dedicated followers online interested in the rule of law and The Leaflet’s unique contribution to the debates, court cases, matters of the independence of judiciary, etc;
- d) keeping track of views, clicks and hits as well as likes, shares, comments, retweets, etc., on various platforms, and help make the pages more engaging & interesting.
2. PRODUCING VIDEO AND MULTIMEDIA CONTENT:
2.A) VIDEO CONTENT: This involves pre-production, production and post-production work
– preparing for a shoot.
Depending on the nature of the story:
- a) If it is an interview and in the absence of an interviewer or anchor, preparing the questions and researching on the topic.
- b) If it’s a feature story, researching and coming up with a script.
– handling the camera
-sometimes acting as the background interviewer (See point a in Pre-production).
-Editing the video keeping in mind The Leaflet aesthetics.
2.B) MULTI-MEDIA CONTENT
This involves making SHORT (1-2 MINUTE) INFOGRAPHIC STORIES based on the articles already published in The Leaflet. Many times, fresh ideas are generated in the articles written by many of the leading legal/constitutional thinkers of contemporary India, which need to be made accessible to a younger, busier audience/readership for engagement across the age/gender/education spectrum. (For example, see the 1-minute infographic videos by Brut, Al Jazeera, and even Scroll.in)
- Other responsibilities
Ideating with fellow team members. Identifying angles to be explored in various issues to be covered.
– Helping with The Leaflet’s continuing campaigns on Independence of Judiciary, and other matters.
At least three years in social & multi-media media handling, keen eye on politics, familiarity with The Leaflet’s own political/constitutional stance.
Note: A degree in law is NOT mandatory to apply for this post. But a definite interest in the rule of law is a must.
The Leaflet is an equal opportunity platform.