Centre Government after resisting for last seven months the appointment of Justice K M Joseph as the judge of the Supreme Court India, has finally notified his appointment on August 3, 2018. He will have tenure till June 16, 2023.
Breaking- Government of India notifies appointment of Justice K M Joseph as judge of the Supreme Court of India. pic.twitter.com/OfwsWLp33Z
— The Leaflet (@TheLeaflet_in) August 3, 2018
The Supreme Court’s Collegium consisting of the Chief Justice of India, Dipak Misra, Justice Ranjan Gogoi, Justice Kurian Joseph and Jutsice A K Sikri, had reiterated his name for the appointment as judge of the Supreme Court on July 16, 2018 after Centre government had returned his name for reconsideration in April 2018. Government has also notified appointments of Justice Indira Banerjee and Justice Vineet Saran as the judges of the Supreme Court.
Breaking- Chief Justice Dipak Misra, being authorised by the President of India, will administer oath of office to the newly appointed justices of the Supreme Court on August 7, 2018. pic.twitter.com/odiafH8gCV
— The Leaflet (@TheLeaflet_in) August 4, 2018
Collegium had recommended their name on the day when name of Justice K M Joseph was reiterated. They will have tenure till September 9, 2022 and May 10, 2022 respectively.
Along-with the aforesaid appointments, the Central government has also notified quite a few appointments of the Chief Justices of the various High Courts as per the following details:
- Justice Kalpesh Satyendra Jhaveri as the Chief Justice of Orissa High Court.
- Justice Aniruddha Bose as the Chief Justice of Jharkhand High Court.
- Justice Vijaya Kamlesh Tahilramani as the Chief Justice of Madras High Court
- Justice Gita Mittal as the Chief Justice of Jammu & Kashmir High Court
- Justice Rajendra Menon as the Chief Justice of Delhi High Court
- Justice M R Shah as the Chief Justice of Patna High Court
- Justice Hrishikesh Roy as the regular Chief Justice of Kerala High Court
Supreme Court Collegium had recommended above names for the appointments on July 16, 2018.